30 September 2007

Happier Baby

Well, a few things seem to be working to keep the crying down. Maya is a much more relaxed little baby. She does get upset sometimes, but who doesn't?

1) We are carrying her in a baby carrier as much as possible. This keeps her more upright and keeps the milk where it belongs. We have two pouch slings and an Ergo carrier. I like the pouch slings for convenience and the Ergo because it keeps her sitting almost all the way up (it looks kind of dorky though). My bosses daughter made me a sling which is so cute! I will post pictures soon.
2) We are using Mylicon drops which appear to be helping. The doctor said these drops work about half the time. They are supposed to help her get the gas out, and she is burping more. Poor thing, when she gets older, she'll be mad that I wrote this kind of stuff online.
3) We are using a First Years Soothie pacifier. This is the kind of pacifier they had at the hospital and the only one she would take.


5) The advice from the Happiest Baby on the Block really helps. She loves white noise, particularly the hair dryer. I may write a love song to my hair dryer. She also likes jiggling. Swaddling helps some times.
4) I cut dairy out of my diet. I'm not sure if this made a difference. I'm going to try to switch to cutting out wheat next and see if that makes a difference.

No comments: